Project Abraham (referred to as ‘the site’ or ‘we/us’) is operated by Project Abraham which is registered as a federally incorporated Canadian charity. Project Abraham offers this website, its information and tools, and its communications systems as a service to you (referred to as 'Service' or 'The Service' or 'Project Abraham Service') to assist us in carrying out our mission.
We do not knowingly collect information from children that could identify them. By using The Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, OR that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use the Service.
We do our very best to safeguard your information, but no system is perfect, including those that are online. We wish we could, but we just can’t guarantee you 100% security. You must accept the possibility that any information you give us could be compromised, and agree that you provide it at your own risk.
When you provide your contact information to us or connect your social media account(s) to our website you are authorizing us to send you electronic messages and updates that may contain donation requests and other information that support our work. You may unsubscribe at any time by sending us an email to [email protected]
2. 'No Spam' Policy
Project Abraham does not send electronic commercial messages to you without your consent. We do not buy or rent email lists. You can only be added to our database through your personal use of our Service’s online tools, or manually by a direct request or consent to a staff member or volunteer.
When you provide your email address to us, you are authorizing us to include you to send you updates that may contain donation requests and information that support our work. You may unsubscribe at any time by sending us an email to [email protected]
3. Information we collect
We collect information from you directly and via industry-standard web data tracking methods. Depending on how you use our system, the information that we may collect and use includes the following:
- Your name, street address, state/province, country, and postal code.
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your mobile device number if you use texting functions.
- Information about your usage of the site. We use “cookies” and other non-identifying tools, including those from third parties (i.e. Google Analytics), to help us compile and understand user/member usage, and to provide better services to users and members. (Cookies are small files installed by us on your computer to, for example, help you return to a page without having to sign in again.). This data includes information that your browser transmits automatically, including computer operating system, browser type, and version.
- Information is obtained when you fill out various forms on the website including, but not limited to, those related to petitions, surveys, comments, volunteerism, donations, and ‘contact us’ forms.
- Your IP (Internet Protocol) address. This number is given to your computer by your internet provider, and it may be captured and stored automatically in our system when you use our site along with any pages you visit. Your IP address makes it possible to identify your computer and general location.
- Our emails may contain an identification code that helps us track a user’s interaction with the system.
- Information obtained from interacting with you on or offline.
- Information obtained via web research, public records, and from third-party data providers to whom you have consented to the sharing of data.
4. Why we collect this information
The information we collect is used:
- To ensure that our website and communications display and operate properly;
- To prevent fraud, misrepresentation, and misuse by visitors.
- To ensure that we are representing our number of volunteers accurately.
- To provide an efficient, appealing, and personalized service to you as you interact with us;
- To understand the issues that you and others care about, and share that information as needed to underscore the need for change.
- To provide the tools necessary for you to help us carry out our mission
5. Who, what, and when do we share information
We never sell or rent any information to third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
We share your information with third-party individuals or groups necessary to make our business infrastructure work, including our website and email platform provider(s), and e-commerce credit card processor.
Information we WILL NOT make public unless you specifically give permission to do so:
- Your email address, street address, or phone number.
- use our email function (when available) to have us send emails on your behalf.
Information we MAY decide to make available to our volunteers:
- Any information held by Project Abraham that is judged necessary by us for the volunteers to carry out their assigned function.
- Online credit card donations: We use an industry-standard secure credit processing system provided by a reputable third party. We do not have access to, nor do we store, your credit card information. The only information available to Project Abraham’s administrators is the name on the card (i.e. JOHN VELEZ), the provider of the card (i.e. VISA), and the last four digits (i.e. 4567). This information is retained to facilitate good customer service and record keeping.
- Offline donations, i.e. by telephone or personal check: We only retain credit card and banking information necessary to help us process and account for the transaction. We do not retain your credit card information.
- All donations will be used for the specific transaction intended.
- If you have provided your telephone number to us (never required), our staff or volunteers might call you to help out on a campaign.
- If you have provided a phone number to us and wish to remove it from our records, just send an email to [email protected] with the subject as 'Remove Phone #' and we’ll take care of it ASAP, but please allow us up to 14 days.
6. Legal Issues
In the event that we have reason to believe that a volunteer or volunteers are treating us, other volunteers, our system, or others outside Project Abraham in an illegal manner, these situations may require us to contact government authorities or initiate legal action ourselves. In this case, we may choose or be required to release personal information to the authorities and/or our legal representatives.
Your information WILL BE released in accordance with a valid order from a Canadian court, or from any other court whose orders are enforceable in Canada.
Your information MAY BE released, at our sole discretion, in accordance with a valid order from a court of any country listed as 'Free' in the most recent edition of the FreedomHouse.org annual Freedom in the World report, even though such an order may not be enforceable in Canada.
Your information WILL NOT be released in accordance with an order from another country’s court where a) the order is not enforceable in Canada and b) the country is listed as 'Partly Free' or 'Not Free' in the most recent edition of the FreedomHouse.org annual Freedom in the World report.
7. Links to other websites and people
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time at our sole discretion without notice, so you should review it regularly. We will announce any major changes on the home page of this site.
9. If you have a question
Contact our Privacy Officer by regular mail, by email with 'Privacy' in the Subject line, or by phone:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Debbie Rose, Executive Director
64 Harnworth Drive, Toronto, M2H 3C2
[email protected] 647.388.9354
Please do not include sensitive or credit card information when you write to us via email.
The Bottom Line on Privacy…
The bottom line is that we can’t guarantee perfection, but we do our best to protect your privacy while working with you to make the changes you want to see in our world.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Project Abraham (referred to as ‘the site’ or ‘we/us/our’ or ‘PA’) is operated by Project Abraham which is registered as a federally incorporated Canadian charity. Project Abraham offers this website, its information and tools, and its communications systems as a service to assist us in carrying out our mission.
By using the PA website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, OR that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use the website.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to add, withdraw, alter, or restrict access to any of the services or content on the PA site without notice or liability. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the PA website.
3. Your Information Must Be Accurate
Project Abraham’s credibility relies on our volunteers and donors being bonafide supporters; real people, not anonymous ghosts. You agree to identify yourself, where requested, with your full legal name (first and last name will do nicely, thanks!) and to ensure that all information provided to us by you is accurate.
4. Personal Security
We do not perform any background checks or other monitoring on voluneers or users of our website so if you decide to interact with other users, you should be careful and understand that doing so is at your own risk. You agree that PA is not liable to you in any way for the results of your interactions with other users.
5. Prohibited Uses of the PA Website
You understand and agree that you are not allowed to use the PA website for any of the following purposes:
- To engage in unlawful conduct.
- To do anything that exposes PA to criminal or civil liability.
- To engage in any commercially related conduct.
- To interfere with use of the website by visitors or volunteers or donrs or the management team.
- To damage the website, its servers, connected computers or our databases.
- To copy the website or our communications manually or via malware.
- To capture or attempt to capture personal information of volunteers or donors
- To send spam or junk-mail to users, volunteers, donors or management.
- To post defamatory or malicious comments about others.
- To post obscene, indecent, violent, racist or other offensive content.
- To falsely imply support for your views or content by Project Abraham.
- To violate the intellectual property rights of Project Abraham or another person or organization.
- To misrepresent your identity to Project Abraham or to others.
- To misrepresent your ability to speak for a group or organization.
- To copy or reproduce content from Project Abraham without express written permission by us.
We value your donation very much, so we spend as little as possible on non-campaign expenses, but they are necessary to keep our organization alive. We cannot guarantee that your specific donation will be used for campaign expenses.
In the case of donations for specific campaigns, you agree that PA can use your donation to support similar campaigns and/or other critical work if your contribution can't be used for the purpose you specify, either because of over-subscription or for another unforeseen reason.
7. Don’t Use Our Trademarks Without Permission
We’re very pleased that you want to be part of our mission, but we have to be very careful to protect our name. The Project Abraham name, any other names used or owned by Project Abraham, our logo, services, and products are all trademarks owned by Project Abraham. You are not allowed to use them without obtaining written permission prior to using them.
The content in our website and communications, unless otherwise noted, is copyrighted and may not be used without prior written permission.
8. Posting Your Content
In some cases, we may allow you to post comments or other content (‘Content’) that may be read by the public or others on our Facebook page. This content does not necessarily reflect the opinions of PA and we are not liable to any third party for your content. You are solely responsible for the content of anything you post, and you agree to accept full responsibility and liability for it in every respect, including but not limited to its lawfulness and accuracy. You agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless PA and our associated partners, affiliates and associates for your material.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, and without notice, to remove your posts.
We have the right to use and distribute any of your posts to any other party in order to help accomplish our mission.
9. Information on Our Site
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
10. Optional Tools; New Tools, Services, and Features
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools “as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations, or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through The Service (including the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
11. Links to Other Websites and People
Certain content, products, and services available via our Service may include those from third parties.
Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction or rely on the information provided. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party services or content should be directed to the third party.
12. No Warranties; Limitations on Liability
You agree that your use of the PA website is at your own risk without any warranty of any kind. PA, its officers, directors, employees, partners, affiliates and other associates will not be liable to you for damages of any kind, no matter how caused, nor will we be liable to others that may be affected by your use or inability to use the site.
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. Although it is our goal to keep the website available at all times, there will be interruptions to service for planned and unplanned maintenance and updates. We are not liable to you or others for any losses or damage that may occur during these interruptions.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of our website will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the website for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the website is at your sole risk. The website and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall PA, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PA, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
15. Failure to enforce
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
16. Courts of Jurisdiction
In the event of any legal action arising related to The Service, such action shall be brought solely before a federal Canadian or Ontario court of appropriate jurisdiction located within the limits of the City of Toronto proper in the Province of Ontario. We, however, have the right to bring legal action against you in any country we deem appropriate, including your home country. You agree to waive all objections about jurisdiction before the courts.
17. This is the Only Agreement Between Us
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
18. If You Have Questions
64 Harnworth Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M2H 3C2
[email protected] 647.388.9354
Please do not include sensitive information or credit card numbers when you write to us via email.